D.Y Patil Medical College is a medical institution established by the D.Y Educational Society, Kohlapur (a Deemed University). Established in the year 2005 the college offers courses in the medical field including MBBS at graduate level and MD/MS/PG Diploma at post graduate level.
As a constituent institution of D.Y Patil University the college is accredited by NAAC and recognized by Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Admissions to MBBS are solely conducted on the basis of NEET UG scores.
- MBBS seats are filled through common counselling conducted by Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) for deemed university.
- In case the seats remain vacant after DGHS counselling seats will be categorized as merit and institutional seats.
- For admission to medical postgraduate courses State Merit List of eligible candidates prepared by NEET PG will be used.
- 50% of the total PG seats will be filled under State quota by Competent Authority, and the remaining 50% of the seats will be filled by the college on NEET PG rankings.
- The application to both the courses has to be made separately on the official websites of competent Authority in online mode only.
- Those applying under institutional quota must approach DYPMC authorities for obtaining admission related information.
|Name of the Institution||D.Y Patil Medical College|
|Type of Institute||A constituent institute of Deemed University|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance Based|
|Entrance Name||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test – UG/PG|
DYPMC, Kohlapur MBBS Admissions, 2022
DYPMC offer MBBS degree with an intake capacity of 150 students. The duration of course is 4.5 years with one year compulsory training. The selection of candidates is solely done through NEET UG rankings, followed by centralized counselling process.
As per the recent government laws admissions to MBBS in Deemed University institutions will be conducted by DGHS, New Delhi strictly on the basis of NEET UG rankings.
A candidate must be Indian national and must complete 17 years of age on or before December 31 of the admission year. The academic eligibility remains pass in HSC or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology as compulsory subjects with English as language subject.
|Course Name||Eligibility||Selection Process|
|MBBS||Pass in HSC or equivalent with minimum 50% marks. (40% in case of reserved category candidates).||NEET UG|
- Candidates belonging to general category must secure minimum of marks at 50th percentile in NEET (UG) and reserved category must get 40th percentile.
- The seats declared vacant after DGHS counselling will be sent back to state/college for institution level counselling.
- Admissions under institutional quota will be conducted as per DGHS and MCI regulations.
DYPMC, Kohlapur MD/MS/PG Diploma Admissions, 2022
At the post-graduation level the college offers degree of MS, MD and PG Diploma in various specializations. Only candidates who have appeared in NEET PG can apply for post-graduation admissions.
For admissions into D.Y Patil Medical College candidates who have passed final MBBS examination from an institute recognized by MCI situated in India and have completed or in process of completing one year rotating internship training by March 31, 2016 are held eligible.
To be eligible for selection, a candidate belonging to General Category must secure minimum of 50th percentile while reserved category candidates must secure minimum of 40th percentile in NEET-PG.