Maharaja Surajmal Institute of Technology (MSIT) is a private engineering institute established in the year 2001. It is affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University and has been approved by AICTE. According to the NIRF ranking 2020, it has been ranked at #250 out of 300 for B.Tech. The institute offers B.Tech across four departments under highly qualified faculties. The students get wonderful placement opportunities with good packages.
raja Surajmal Institute of Technology is a private engineering college, affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. It offers 4-year B.Tech courses in the departments of Computer Science Engineering, Information Technology, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electronics and Electrical Engineering, and Applied Sciences, which comprises of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics departments. The Institute only has Undergraduate level courses, however each course is Grade-A NBA Accredited. Admission to B.Tech courses are via the students performance in JEE Mains Paper 1, while Applied Sciences students are selected via the CET Exam, followed by an offline counselling program conducted by the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University.
- For admission into UG programs, the college selects students via their JEE Mains Paper 1 performance.
- For lateral entry into a B.Tech course after completion of B.Sc degree, candidates need to appear for the IPU CET Examination.
- For entry into Applied Sciences, candidates must qualify IPU CET. Applied science courses available are in Physics, Chemistry, Workshop and Mathematics.
- Candidates to be selected via CET are then referred to an offline counselling session where admission is done on the basis of merit.
- 85% of the sanctioned intake is reserved for Delhi Region candidates, with 7.5% of it reserved for Scheduled Tribe.
- The Institute has an active placement cell that invites recruiters and encourages stduents to take up industry trainings.
Maharaja Surajmal Institute of Technology was founded in 1979 by the Surajmal Memorial Education Society, and has an intake capacity of 660 students as per 2020 data. Classes are conducted in two shifts – morning and evening with separate faculty for each. It is AICTE approved and has an eight acre campus. B.Tech degrees with this approval were started in the 2000-2001 session. MSIT, Delhi ranked between 151 and 200 in the NIRF ranking released in 2019. The major recruiters in the year of 2020 were Infosys, Accenture, TCS, Amazon and Libsys to name a few. The highest package was 21 lakhs per annum offered to a total of 20 students from the CSE and IT department by Musigma.
MSIT Delhi Admissions
The admissions to Maharaja Surajmal Institute of Technology are based on the candidate’s merit in JEE Mains followed by counselling. Candidates must have an aggregate score of 55% in 10+2.
Candidates who have completed B.Sc. degree can apply for B.Tech (Lateral) by qualifying IPU CET conducted by IP University
MSIT Delhi Placements
There is an active placement department that organizes a lot of opportunities throughout the year. The students are provided with wonderful opportunities in many reputed companies with handsome salary packages. The highest package goes up to 20 lakhs per annum. Some of the recruiters are-
- ION trading
- Mu sigma
MSIT Delhi Facilities
- Laboratories– The institute has equipped laboratories for each department with all necessary facilities which are required for an excellent practical environment.
- Library- The library has a fully computerized library with a variety of books to enhance the knowledge and skills of the students. The library has a huge collection of books and journals on education, computer science, pharmacy, science, and humanities. Library also has a Research Wing for scholars.
- Hostel– The institute provides hostel facilities to around 200 male candidates and 100 female candidates. Hygienic food and water facilities are available in the four-storeyed building of the hostel.
- Sports- The institute provides playgrounds to the students for various outdoor games such as football, volleyball, cricket, badminton, etc. It also provides indoor game facilities such as campus, table tennis, chess, etc.
- Medical Facility– Psychologists and physicians are available on the campus for students and staff. The medical facility of Janakpuri Super specialty Hospital is also available for students of the institute