Symbiosis Medical College for Women (SMCW), Pune is established by Prof. Dr. S.B.Mujumdar, the Founder and Chancellor of the Symbiosis International (Deemed University). The medical college is located on the scenic campus of Symbiosis International (Deemed University) at Lavale, Pune. The college is attached to the Symbiosis University Hospital and Research Centre having state-of-the-art infrastructure and facilities for the practice of students. SMCW offers an undergraduate program in the discipline of Medicine and Surgery.
Symbiosis Medical College for Women Highlights
|Affiliated to||Symbiosis International University|
|Entrance Exam||National: NEET|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Gymnasium, Sports, WiFi, etc|
|Admission Helpdesk||+91 20-61930000|
Office of the Dean
Symbiosis Medical College For Women
Lavale, Mulshi, Pune, Maharashtra, India 412115
Symbiosis Medical College for Women Courses
SMCW Pune offers an MBBS program. Listed below are the details of the eligibility criteria of the same:
Course: Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- All admissions are being made based on the NEET eligibility and counseling by the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS)/ Medical Counselling Committee (MCC), the admission policy is formulated based on the guidelines as given by MCI/ NMC, DGHS and MCC.
- The admissions for first-year M.B.B.S. Program is done as per the eligibility guidelines notified by the MCI/ NMC.
- The candidates must obtain a valid score in the NEET examination and her name should appear in an All India Merit List of the qualified candidates prepared on the basis of All India Rank at NEET (UG) by NTA.
- The candidates shall be admitted to M.B.B.S. Program from the said list only.
- The candidates will have to participate in the Admission Counselling Process conducted by DGHS-MCC as per the guidelines of the Supreme Court/ Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India/ MCI/ NMC as notified from time to time.
Symbiosis Medical College for Women Facilities
The institute constantly strives to enhance the campus ambiance for greater student experience. The following student services and campus amenities are provided:
- Student Affairs Services
- Library Services
- Learning Management System and other Online Learning Platforms
- Academic Mentoring and Psychological Counselling Services
- Career Counselling Services
- Accommodation Facilities
- Wi-Fi Services
- Health Care Services
- Campus-wide round the clock security services with CCTV monitoring
- Multi-Gym, Sports, Recreation and Wellness Centres
- Common room with TV and Indoor games facilities
Symbiosis Medical College for Women Faculty
SMCW Pune has highly qualified and accomplished individuals. They are the most distinguished scholars, who constantly do research in their respective fields. The institute has a team of highly qualified faculty members, the majority of them have long teaching experience and are associated with the institution for many years. The faculty includes:
- 16 Professors
- 19 Associate Professors
- 29 Assistant Professors
- 12 Tutors