University School of Information, communication and Technology, New Delhi was established in the year 1998. It is affiliated to the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU). In the year 2016, the University School of Information & Technology and University School of Engineering and Technology merged. NACC has credited the college as Grade A. It is located in the city of Dwarka, New Delhi. It is approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC). It provides B. Voc, M. Tech, B. Tech, MCA courses. For B. tech, candidates need to sit for the CET examination, for M.tech, candidates must sit for the GATE examination.
It also provides marvelous placement facilities, companies like Amazon, Genpact, visit the college for placement drive
USICT New Delhi Admission 2022
The admission procedure is either through the National Test level or through Common Entrance Test IPUCET, which is conducted by the university. The selection of the candidates is based on the merit of the entrance and qualifying examinations and through the counseling process.
- The candidate aspiring for B. Tech+M.Tech (Dual) admission should be passed in 10+2 in the science stream with at least 55% aggregate marks from a recognized central/ state board and must appear for CET.
- The minimum eligibility for M.Tech is that the candidate should possess BE/B. Tech in a relevant field of engineering with at least 60% aggregate marks and should have a valid GATE/CET score.
- Aspirants seeking admission to MCA course should have passed a bachelor’s degree with at least 50% aggregate marks
USICT New Delhi Placements
Just like any other colleges, the University School of Information, Communication, and technology also offers placement opportunities to its students. It organizes pre-placement activities like mock tests, Interaction sessions, expert talks, seminars to boost the confidence of the students.
There are almost 30 Companies that have visited the college for hiring purposes. The average salary offered to the students who got placed was around 4-5 lakh per Annum. Some of the top recruiters are Amazon, TCS, Mediated, AZCOM, etc.
SICT New Delhi Facilities
USICT provides all the basic facilities to its students. Some of them are listed below.
- Hostel: The hostel that is provided by the college is of a good standard and well maintained. Each of the students is allotted a single room, there is no provision from room sharing. There are 2, 9 storeyed buildings for hostels. Each floor has 25 rooms. The rooms are very spacious and well furnished. The food provided by the hostels is of good quality, the wardens are well- behaved and very cooperative. There are separate hostels for girls and boys.
- Library: The college library acts as a valuable asset for the students, there are more than 5000 journals, books of different fields. The students, teaching staff have free entry in the college library during college time. They can also issue books from the college library.
- Classrooms: The classrooms are big and equipped with modern equipment. The classes are sufficiently big to accommodate 60 students at a time.
- Canteen: The college canteen provides delicious food for the student and its staff at affordable prices.
USICT New Delhi Faculty
The teaching staff of the University School of Information, Communication, and Technology are not only highly educated and talented but through faculty development programs, they constantly sharpen their knowledge and talents. The professors are very understanding and cooperative with their students. They try to give individual attention to the students.
- The total numbers of professors- 11
- Total number of Associate professors- 8
- Total number of Assistant professors- 2