NEET PG (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Post-Graduation), is conducted for providing admission to various MD (Doctor of Medicine)/ MS (Master of Surgery) and PG Diploma courses across the country. The National Board of Examinations (NBE) conducts the exam once a year in computer-based mode. The scores are also used for taking admission to postgraduate MBBS DNB courses. The exam is conducted for 10,821 MS seats, 9,953 MD seats, and 1,979 PG Diploma seats offered by various medical colleges in India.
Highlights for NEET PG
|Exam name||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Post-Graduate courses (NEET PG)|
|Conducting body||National Board of Examinations (NBE)|
|Exam level||Postgraduate exam at National level|
|Exam frequency||Once a year|
|Mode of the examination||Computer-based test|
|Courses offered||MD/MS/PG Diploma/DNB post-MBBS|
NEET PG Scores valid for admission
- All India 50 per cent quota seats for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses across all states, except Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana
- State quota seats for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses for all States/Union Territories of India, including the three mentioned above
- MD/MS/PG Diploma courses offered by Private Medical Colleges, Institutions & Universities/Deemed Universities across India
NEET PG 2022 Application Process
NEET PG 2022 application process invloves steps such as registration, filling up details in application form, paying exam fee, and uploading documents. The application process starts with registration. Only those candidates who register themselves on the official website of NBE, nbe.edu.in will be able to submit application form for NEET PG 2022.
|Category||Fee (In INR)|
|General/OBC||5,015 (including 18% GST)|
|SC/ST/PwD||3,835 (including 18% GST)|
- Candidates who wish to apply for the exam or who wish to participate in the counselling process must check the eligibility criteria before applying for it.
NEET PG eligibility criteria have been summarised below:
- Aspirants must possess an MBBS degree/provisional Pass Certificate which is recognised as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956
- They should also possess a permanent/ provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the Medical Council of India or State Medical Council
- They must have completed the duration of their internship on or before July 31, 2022
TNEET PG 2022 syllabus is based on the curriculum taught during the MBBS. The syllabus includes key topics of the three sections of the question paper, section A (clinical), Section B (pre-clinical), and Section C (para-clinical) subjects. These three sections contain questions from the topics such as Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Forensic medicine, and Social and Preventive medicine.
Candidates need to know NEET PG 2022 exam pattern as it helps candidates in preparation. The exam pattern for NEET PG 2022 comprises details about the test paper, comprising the mode, medium, number of the question paper, duration of time, and the marking scheme. NEET PG 2022 will be held in online mode. The question paper will have 200 multiple choice questions, and candidates will be given 3.5 hours to answer them. There will be a provision of the negative marking in the exam. For every correct answer, candidates will be awarded 4 marks and for an incorrect answer, one mark will be deducted.
Courses Offered :
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Technology in Biomedical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology (Non-Clinical)
- Bachelor of Science in Cardiac Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Cardiovascular Technology
- Bachelor of Perfusion Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Cardio-Pulmonary Perfusion Technology
- Bachelor of Respiratory Therapy
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Bachelor of Science in Genetics
How to take admission without NEET pg exam?
It is not possible to take admissions without entrance exam. So, when will you give NEET exam then you will get admission in PG\
How to take admission in pg course without NEET PG exam ?
One can take up various other fellowship or PG medical programs without the NEET PG mark. You can consider one of the following courses if you did not attempt or clear the NEET PG exam: Bachelor of Occupational Therapy. Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology.
Can i get direct admission in top medical college for Post Graduate (PG) ?
The eligibility for direct mbbs admission is that a candidate. Must have passed the 12th exam or PUC or senior secondary exam. With Pcb (physics, chemistry and biology) and English with 50% as an aggregate. For the reserved category, it is 40% of marks as an aggregate.
With low rank in NEET PG possible to get govt. college ?
Candidates will have to secure minimum of 900 plus marks in NEET PG 2021, to get admission to a government college
Pg without NEET exam ?
If you did not attempt or clear the NEET PG exam: Bachelor of Occupational Therapy. Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology. Bachelor of Technology in Biomedical Engineering
Can we study PG without NEET PG exam in India?
If you did not attempt or clear the NEET PG exam: Bachelor of Occupational Therapy. Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology.
Can I do PG without cracking NEET PG ?
Yes they do. PG entrance is altogether a different exam. Clearing NEET PG or any other PG entrance like AIIMS, PGIMER or JIPMER
Can I be a PG doctor without NEET PG ?
You must attend the NEET-PG entrance and qualify for the exam. Yes, NEET qualification is mandatory to take admission for MDS in any dental college in India
Can I get admission in PG without NEET 2022 ?
Candidates who will not fulfil the eligibility criteria of NEET PG 2022 will not be allowed for the admission process
Can i get direct admission in PG Medicine Or Demra Or Radiology ?
To get admission in MD Radiology the student/aspirants have to qualify NEET-PG with required cutoff percentile in individual category i.e. for general 50th percentile and 40th percentile for SC, ST and OBC followed by PG Medical counseling by MCC and State DME’s.
Can i do PG without entrance exam ?
You can’t not admissions without entrance exam. So, when will you give entrance exam then you will get admission in PG