Established in 1982, Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences is a deemed University. Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences offers UG and PG courses in Medical, Dental, Physiotherapy, Nursing and Biotechnology. It also runs Ph.D. programs in Anatomy, Community Medicine, Pharmacology, Microbiology and Nursing.
Besides these, Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS) also offers PG diploma programs in Orthopedics, Child Health, Medical Radio Diagnosis, Legal System, Anesthesia and Obstetrics and Gynecology. The University also offers Super Specialty course in Neuro surgery and Plastic Surgery and also offers Post-Doctoral Fellowships in 11 disciplines of 1 year duration each.
- Candidates who desire to take admission in Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS) should apply to the Deemed University along with All India Rank and percentile of marks obtained in NEET for MBBS and BDS and marks of NEET-PG for PG & PG Diploma admissions.
- Application form for intimation purpose to university for MBBS/ BDS and PG/PG diploma course can be accessed at the official website only. Application form for PhD, Post-Doctoral Fellowship and Super Specialty courses can also be accessed from the same website.
- Application fees for MBBS/BDS/PG/PG diploma is INR 5000/-, for PhD fees is INR 1,500/-.
- For MBBS/BDS admissions Candidate must be 17 years on or before 31st December of the academic year. Candidate must have passed HSC or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry & Biology with minimum 50% marks & English. For B.Sc Nursing and Bachelor in Physiotherapy, candidate should have done 10+2 with Science (PCB) & English with aggregate of 45% marks from recognized board.
- For MS, MDS and MD courses candidate should have done MBBS with 50% marks from any medical college recognized by MCI.
- For admission in M.P.Th course, candidate should have passed B.P.Th with 50% marks from any recognized physiotherapy college. For M.Sc in Biotechnology and Microbiology, a candidate who has passed a B.Sc. examination with minimum 50% aggregate marks is eligible.
- For M.Sc in nursing, a candidate should have done B.Sc. Nursing/B.Sc. Hons. Nursing/Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing with minimum of 55% aggregate marks.For admission in PhD and Super Speciality course the minimum eligibility is Master’s degree or a professional degree equivalent to the Master’s degree with at least 55% marks in aggregate.
- Admissions to PhD and Post-Doctoral Courses are done according to the marks obtained by the candidate in entrance exam conducted by the University.
Candidates can apply for admission to diploma, UG, PG and doctoral programmes offered by KIMS Karad. The university offers admission to its courses based on candidates’ performance in entrance examinations. Krishna Institute of Medical Science Karad admission to B.P.T. course is done based on the CET conducted by the university. The varsity accepts NEET scores for admission to M.B.B.S. and B.D.S. courses. As per the KIMS Karad admission process, candidates need to appear for the Krishna All India Entrance Test for admission to M.Sc. and M.P.T. courses. NEET PG and NEET MDS scores are considered for admission to M.D./M.S and M.D.S. programmes respectively.
|Name of University||Krishna Institute of Medical Science Deemed University|
|Basic admission criteria||For MBBS/BDS: NEET score card|
|For PG courses –NEET-PG score card|
|For PhD and Super Specialty and Post-Doctoral Fellowship: Entrance Exam by the University and Interview.|
|Application Mode||For NEET/NEET PG: online For rest: Offline|
|Entrance exam mode||Offline|
Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS) University PG & PG diploma Admission 2022: MS, MDS, MD, M.P.Th & M.Sc Nursing
Admission to PG & PG diploma is done on the basis of the performance of candidates in NEET –PG entrance test. Candidates who desire to take admission must apply in the prescribed application form which will be made available from August 22nd (tentative) onwards.
|Master of Surgery (MS)||General Surgery||10||Passed MBBS with 50% marks from any medical college recognized by MCI.||Candidates are selected Based on PG NEET merit list.|
Engineering and Architecture (P.G.D)
Median Package :10.60 Lakhs
Medicine and Allied Sciences (M.D.)
Median Package :11.80 Lakhs
Medicine and Allied Sciences (B.D.S.)
Median Package :5.40 Lakhs
College InfrastructureThe college has adequately sized 1100 bedded hospital in the campus. The college takes a batch of 200 students. The lecture halls, demonstration rooms and the laboratories are quite spacious for the accomodation of the whole batch. The lecture halls have centrallised AC, are equipped with modern day teaching equipment like smart boards along with the traditional ones- blackboard. The laboratories are well maintained, have all the required equipment and chemicals. The whole campus is Wi-Fi zone.AcademicsI am a student in third year M.B.B.S. The college has a well educated and dedicated team of faculty members in almost all of the departments. The professors are good and always ready to help in the subject. The cirriculum keeps on getting revised by the inputs of the students on the basis of time to time feedback collection and also newer relevant developments in the medical field. We are exposed to real life situations during our clinical postings which will definitely help in future.PlacementsThe placements from our college has been good, almost all of the students got placed somewhere or the other. The college has been really supportive to all of it’s students in all the issues regarding how to go about the possibilities in front of them.Value-for-moneyThe annual fees for the course at my time of admission was Rs. 11,90,000 per annum. According to me it has been completely value for money with all the facilities that the college has to offer.Campus LifeThe campus has a lot of greenery to offer with trees planted on the sides of the roads which makes for an excellent evening walk amongst the shades also there are lot of flowers and grass in the gardens in campus. Thw students, teachers and the support staff are like a big family. College is in a small town so has tad less amount of distraction and more of natural scenic beauty in and around the college. The place also has great connectivity in case of any emergencies.Anything ElseIt would be a great decision and the one I hope you would not regret in the future.