Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology (TIET) formerly known as Thapar University is one of the most reputed and prestigious colleges of India which has made its recognition and reputation across the globe. The institute has been ranked in the band of 501-600 by the prestigious Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022. Also, the institute has secured the 23rd and 45th position in the NIRF Engineering Rankings 2021 and NIRF Overall Rankings 2021 respectively.
Thapar University currently has 6 schools, 8 departments, and 8 centers that offer a variety of undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs across various specializations and streams. The most popular programs of Thapar University include B.E., M.Sc., M.E., M.Tech, B.E-MBA, MBA, etc. Admission to these programs is done on the basis of various national level entrance exams such as JEE Main, GATE, CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ CMAT/ NMAT/ GMAT, and on a merit basis.
TIET has two campuses – Patiala and Dera Bassi, housing more than 11,000 students over a 300 acres campus area. Both the campuses are equipped with modern amenities to ensure that students have access to the best resources for learning, research, sports, and personality development. TIET students are picked up by some of the best industry names and the placements have been consistently recorded above 90% for the last six years with the highest salary package recorded at INR 43 Lakhs.
Thapar University Ranking
- NIRF – 2021
- 45th Overall in India
- 23rd in Engineering Category
- 26th in University Category
- 42nd in Management Category
- 38th in Research Category
- Ranked in the band of 251-260 by the QS Asia University Rankings 2021.
- Ranked in the band of 1001-1200 by the QS World University Rankings 2022.
- Ranked 144th by THE Asia University Rankings 2021.
- Ranked in the band 501-600 by THE World University Rankings 2022.
- Ranked 6th in the India Today Top Pvt. Engineering Colleges Rankings 2021.
- Ranked 2nd among Outlook India’s Top Pvt. Engineering Colleges Rankings 2021.
Thapar University Courses
TIET offers academic programs at the undergraduate level leading to BE/BTech degree, at the postgraduate level leading to MCA, MBA, ME, MTech, M.A. Psychology and Integrated BE-MBA degrees and at the doctoral level, Ph.D. degrees. The institute also offers some courses with the collaboration of international institutions to offer world-class education programs.
Thapar University Admissions
Eligible candidates can apply for admission to the University through the official website of the university. Fill the complete details and then take the print out of the form as it will be required at the time of document checking during counseling. In case, the application fee is paid through DD then the application form along with DD should reach the “In-charge Admission Cell” Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala – 147004 on or before the last date. In the case of offline payment, challan facility is also available.
Thapar University Placements
Thapar University has recently started its 2022 placement drive. 120 recruiters actively participated in the placement process. 944 placement offers have been made so far. A total of 889 students were placed, out of which, 834 students received single offers & 55 students received multiple offers
Thapar University Facilities
Given below are some of the facilities offered by the university to cater to the needs of the students:
- Library: The central library of the university has a collection of more than 89,746 books. It also has various e-books, journals, magazines, newspapers for the students’ references. It is housed in an air-conditioned area of 25,000 square feet. It remains open 24×7 throughout the year, even on gazette holidays. The services at the library are fully automated with a modern web-based library management system.
- Hostels: The University provides accommodation facilities to the students with advanced amenities. There is a high-speed internet connection in each block for students. There are 8 hostels for boys and 5 hostels for girls studying in the University.
- Medical Facilities: The Institute has well-equipped health care facilities for the students. It also provides round the clock service of the health center and ambulance for all the students and staff.